The Board Ready Executive Training Programme is for newly appointed directors, senior managers and heads of function, aiming to secure a Board appointment within the next three years. It is an ideal introduction to becoming an effective, well-rounded board director and will provide excellent insight into the role of both Executive and Non-Executive Directors.
Module One – Induction
NEW COURSE DATES: 23rd to 24th September 2019
at Cranfield School of Management, Bedfordshire
An essential introduction to all the facets of becoming an effective director. There is an optional half-day extension, providing greater insight into the Non-Executive Director’s role and responsibilities. Individuals seeking a ‘Board secondment’ should participate in the full 2-day programme.
At the end of this module, participants will have gained an introduction to the topics below, contrasting an SME’s and listed businesses:
- Good corporate governance
- The constitutional responsibilities and role of the Board
- Directors and NED responsibilities
- Board dynamics and politics
- Board structures and committees
- Preparation for Board meetings
- Developing confidence, presence and board relationships
- An opportunity to hear from an experienced Board Director who will share their experience.
The optional half-day extension includes:
- Greater insight into the role of the NED
- Being effective within the role
- Developing organisational relationships
- Preparing for a secondment or board appointment including completing thorough due diligence, researching the organisation, their market and sector.
The programme will commence at 9.30am on day 1 and include dinner and onsite overnight accommodation. The participant’s Board sponsor will be invited to join the dinner to share experiences, encourage proactive mentoring as well as providing networking opportunities. The programme will run until 1 pm on day 2 with the option of continuing in the afternoon with a focus on the role of the NED.
The programme is delivered by David Butcher, a Board facilitator and advisor to many international listed businesses, organisational development expert, conference speaker and is a Visiting Fellow and Co-Director of Cranfield's flagship executive ‘Directors Programme’.
- Cost for the core programme: £1,500 + VAT per participant including accommodation and dinner
- Total cost for the full 2 days: £1,800 + VAT per participant including accommodation and dinner
Modules 2 and 3 - Optional Masterclasses
Modules 2 and 3 are optional masterclasses; developing strategy and securing a Board appointment in the future.
Module 2: Strategy Masterclass
This masterclass is optional and open to any individual that has completed module 1 who would like to learn more about different approaches to developing strategy.
This one-day masterclass includes dinner and overnight accommodation on the previous evening. At the end of this module, participants will have learned:
- An introduction to the latest tools, techniques and models required by today’s successful businesses
- An understanding of how to apply one of these models in practice
- Thinking strategically; how to gain fresh perspectives and apply models to familiar and unfamiliar challenges.
Course fees - £1,000 + VAT per participant including overnight accommodation and dinner
Module 3: Securing a Board Appointment Masterclass
This one-day module is optional for individuals that have participated in the scheme who would like to consolidate their learning and experience, in preparation for securing a formal Board appointment.
At the end of this module, participants will have learned:
- How to translate experience for future Board roles
- Identifying Non-Executive Director opportunities
- The process of obtaining a first appointment and performing due diligence before accepting a new position.
- Presenting experiences with clarity and relevance
Course fees - £850 + VAT per participant or £1,000 + VAT including dinner and accommodation.
The Executive Training programme is offered exclusively to organisations in the East of England.
Book your place today by emailing email@example.com